November 2, 2009

update...

I came to seminary to begin further understanding how to do ministry and work towards helping bring the Kingdom to earth. I want to know how to teach people more effectively. I want to know how to best create community. I want to know how to be aware of needs and meet them in an unconditionally loving way. I want to know how to inspire passion, to embrace conviction, to communicate simply, and to do all that He wants me to do.

And this is what I'm learning...how to be! It all comes down to being. Not doing. Not creating. I'm so far from it, but it all comes to BEING. I'm not trying to learn how to love, but how to BE love. I'm not trying to learn how to inspire, I want to BE inspirational. I'm not trying to learn how to teach, I want to BE the gospel. I'm learning that it's about BEING. I want to be.



On a sidebar, I have my optical scan this Wednesday. That means I should find out whether or not I have cancer in the next week or so. Also, I found out today that my knee injury is just a severe sprain. Nothing is torn or broken. Two weeks with an immobilized leg combined with plenty of Aleve and I should be fine.

In summary, I'm believing that in a few weeks, I'll BE completely healthy, whole, and worry free about my health. And more than that, I hope to have gotten a little further in "BEING."

May you not know. May you simply BE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!

Shae said...

Glad to hear the knee is not any worse! May you and your KNEE just BE in His presence today!