November 2, 2009

Heart-breaking news...

...the Chronicles of the Thunderbird have concluded. Her heater went out one last time and finally, we must say good-bye. We've had a great 9 year run. So many memories! So many miles! She's just beginning to outspend her allowance :( And I can't handle that any longer.

While I hate to bail on her, she truly has treated me well. I must move on to a more dependable vehicle. Being a seminary student, I obviously can't afford a new vehicle or payments of any great measure.

However, the Lord has once again made a way. I'd like you to meet ___________?

(any ideas for its name? I'm taking suggestions. The winner may get a prize.)

It's a '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee in excellent condition with very few miles. It is a blessing coming through the generosity of my sister and brother-in-law. They came to randomly find it for a great deal and have humbly decided to pass it along to me for an equally great deal. It'll drink a lot more fuel than the ole T-bird, but I can't complain. Need arose...Need met!

I can only hope for 9 equally great years with ___________(?) The T-bird will always be remembered and adored. Oh how I will miss those comfortable seats!

I will get the Jeep whenever I can next return home. My life with an SUV is about to begin. We'll see how it goes.

5 comments:

amay said...

YAY!! No offense to the T-Bird, but I am so so glad for you and I am glad he is gone. You will be so much safer (and warmer) this winter! I will brainstorm for my name recommendation. ;)

Unknown said...

I will miss her comfortable seats also!! I'll let you know if I come up with a name.

Shae said...

Name her "Spring" after the island we retrieved her from, and also in honor of new beginnings with this vehicle relationship! HA! Love you buddy

Sarah Olds said...

name her "sarah" or "red lady" or "silver lady" or something after me b/c i love jeeps!!! yay! so amazing that God provided a new car!!!

SAH said...

Hi there,
How about claiming a new era of vehicular faithfulness and naming him (just doesn't look like a girl to me) Old Faithful? New Faithful doesn't seem appropriate since it's a '97 after all.
I'm so glad you don't have cancer, jeffro - yes, God has been, continues to be, and will always foreverafter be faithful!
The pictures of Kentucky are beautiful and make me homesick, which is a little bit crazy since we only lived there for 11 months!
Love you,
Sally