November 13, 2009

exhale.

As of yesterday afternoon, it's official. I do not have eye cancer.

Now I exhale.

Throughout the waiting period, I have been rather convinced that this was not going to be cancer. Yet, when the doctor asked me last week if someone would be coming with me to get the results this week, just in case the news was bad, I think I stopped breathing. That just made it all so very real. And I feel like I have been holding my breath for a week. I am once again breathing :)

Regardless of the news I would have gotten, my Holy Father was going to take care of me. So the "answered prayer" is not that I don't have cancer. The answered prayer is that He continues to be faithful and reveals Himself as such. He never left me and He has now displayed His care for me one more time. Of course I'm happy that I don't have cancer. But I simply can't attempt to qualify His goodness by the results of my medical exam. He is so much bigger than that.

So much else has happened this week (perhaps some of which I will get to blog about soon...) I just wanted to take this moment and share this update with you, especially those of you who have repeatedly asked how I was doing.

I love to share stories of His goodness towards us, His children. May you find a way to share your stories as well. He is worthy to be praised.

1 comment:

amay said...

God is good and worthy to be praised!