September 11, 2008

He does it again

So as part of one of my courses, the students in the class are broken into small groups and for the last hour of each class period we meet together to discuss certain things we've read or have done pertaining to lecture. Mostly, however, we are just supposed to share with each other and pray for one another.

Well, most things are going really well for me right now. I'm still trying to adjust to a lot of things as they pertain to friendships and simply living in Kentucky (can you believe there are no Bank of America's in Kentucky?). So as I was sharing this with my group last night, I said to them that one of the main things that I'm waiting on and needing from the Lord right now is a job.

I honestly have not been stressed or overly concerned with finding a job only two weeks into being up here. But the moment I said that, one of the girls in my group said, "I know of a job for you."

Well, just over 24 hours later I now have a job! Making exactly what I had hoped I could make per hour when I was making my budget for living up here. With the most flexible schedule imaginable and all holidays off (which means I'll get to come home for Christmas! So I'll be there when Lucas is born :) ).

And once again, when given the opportunity to prove Himself faithful to me, and with my willingness to not jump at the first thing offered but to just wait on Him, He has come through. The Father's heart was affirmed again to me this afternoon. He is so good!

May you continue to experience the same measure of grace and peace that He has afforded to me of late!

Grace and Peace

2 comments:

Shae said...

God is so good! So, don't leave me hanging. What's the new job? I love you buddy. By the way, your b-day card is in the mail. Make good use of it.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

i guess they should call it the bank of almost all of america...?
-karlee