February 4, 2009

ice capades 2.0

Have I told you lately that ice is evil?

So tonight, or more accurately early this morning, as I was attempting to drive home from work, the ice struck again! (And people wonder why I hate the cold...) We've gotten a few more inches of snow the past day or so, with more still falling.

Anyway, I was driving home and as I slowed to make a turn, my car decided it didn't want to stop. I guess taking a turn at 3 miles an hour in snow isn't slow enough? My car kept sliding until it was completely off the road. As I slid off the road, my car was picking up speed. I wasn't sure if I should expect to flip soon or if there was a nice big oak tree awaiting a firm hug from my car. It was quite an adventurous detour. Yet, none of the above occurred. My car stopped about 2 inches from the oak tree, and the hill wasn't steep enough to cause the car to flip. I was, of course, stuck! No permanent damage to the car, just another story to add to "The Chronicles of the T-bird."

After three failed calls to 411 and towing truck businesses, I resorted to the old-fashioned 911. The officers were nice enough, and the tow truck guy was especially nice; well, as nice as you can be pulling a car back onto the road in the snow with a 0 degree wind chill.

So, 2 hours (yes, I said 2 hours), a 911 call, and $75 towing fee later, I was back on the road to get home. I was frozen solid, frustrated with the $75 fee, and still all I could do was laugh.

So, this is my life: life in Kentucky anyway. I guess that upcoming doctor's visit that was supposed to allow me to breathe again will just have to wait. My car and the ice decided they wanted my money instead.

May you laugh with me, at me, and for me. I can't wait for summer!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you like for me to send you a check for $75.00 or just say a prayer for thanks that you did not get hurt. Your friend in Thomasville, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Sure am glad you are ok I have been concerned about all the weather and your having to travel in it. God is good and I thank him he is watching over you. I like the Chronicles of the T-bird. Sure hope the end of the story isn't in the too near future. Love you lots Mama