February 18, 2009

Blog Buddy

Something really neat just happened to you...Something horrific just occurred in your life...You just realized something about yourself...A revelation just became clear in your mind...You learned something new. Now what are you going to do? Who are you going to tell? How long will it be before you can share this with someone else?

We all have that person. That person who comes to mind as soon as something happens to us. It may be a different person depending on what has happened. But we have those people. For instance, when certain things happen to me, I may begin thinking about when I will call and tell my family, or how I will go about sharing this new concept with a friend the next time we talk on the phone, etc...

However, of late, that person has changed for me. I thoroughly enjoy being in seminary and have met many new and wonderful people. I have been blessed to keep in touch with a few of my friends on a somewhat regular basis. And I am blessed to talk to my family at least once a week. Still, I don't have a constant person that automatically comes to mind when something happens to me, or when I realize something new. (When one day I get married, hopefully this will change) Certainly there are specific people that come to mind regarding specific issues. Lately, however, my mind has mostly begun thinking about how I would go about blogging this event or revelation. In a sense, writing on this blog has become one of the foremost avenues I use to process and share my life.

Interesting? I have yet to decide if that is a good thing or not. In some ways, it almost seems sad. My first source of sharing is with a laptop? That seems pathetic. Yet, I realize that I am in a community and do share my life with people regularly. I continue to watch how the Lord is using my use of this blog to teach me and develop His creativity within me. And now, this has become my "blog buddy."

Lord, thank you for how you are renewing and restoring the creativity within me as I share my thoughts and my life on this blog. May you continue to surround me with your community. May I always have friends that will listen to my heart and the ability to share in their lives as well. May you also continue to use this blog in my own life to whatever degree you choose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I better be the first person to pop into your head all the time mister!!! HA HA HA

Elizabeth

April said...

I like it! Blogging is a great outlet and a way to process things. I am glad you blog! Hope you're doing well!!
I think about you a lot and hope everything is going ok!

Anonymous said...

However, before a wife becomes a part of this picture (and I hope one does eventually) I better be the first one that comes to mind till that happens and then your sister!! HA HA
Mama
I enjoy your blogging keep them coming!!

amay said...

Yay! You said "when I get married" and not "if" ha ha! That is progress. I groaned when I read that in your sermon. Did I ever tell you that? Or maybe you heard me from the other side of the world...