November 27, 2008

Mirrors

Every time that I encounter Christ, I am(or should be) further transformed into His likeness. My struggle lies in always finding Christ's image. Whether I find that in prayer, worship, the beauty of truth, other people, a community, creation, an act of grace, an act of justice, an embodiment of humility, a work of healing, etc... Whenever we open our eyes to see Christ we are presented with an opportunity to be redeemed.

This reality provokes me into thousands of further thoughts. The one I want to share with you now is this:

In what way do you best see yourself? Or better yet, in what way do you best see Christ in yourself? When you look at yourself in the mirror? When you allow someone else to share their perception of who you are? Or perhaps when you close your eyes and think about your life? Which of these portrays an honest reflection? The truest image of who you are.

As I continue to seek my true reflection, I further see how far I have to go in order that I may be like Christ. I firmly believe that our purpose in life is to be transformed into His image. "But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

May you find your reflection. And may it lead you to a clearer image of who Christ is in you.

No comments: