July 16, 2009

I'm weird

No seriously. I am a rather unusual person. At least in terms of my medical history. Just read through some of my previous post if you think I'm exaggerating.

On Monday, I had to go for an eye exam so that I could order more contacts and get new lenses for my glasses. While completing the exam, the doctor spent a long while looking into my right eye. She dilated it more than normal to allow her to get a better view inside of my eye. (this "extra dilation" will be the source of a future post...be excited!)

After several minutes of thorough investigation, she began asking questions and a few red flags began to rise in my mind. Essentially she had spotted a place in my right eye that worried her. She has decided to wait and have me return in 3 months to follow-up and she appears certain that it is nothing for me to worry about. Therefore I am not worried. After getting the results of my follow-up exam; however, I will find out whether or not I have what initially concerned her...Eye cancer.

Say what? That's right. Eye Cancer.

Again, after asking her many questions, I am very confident that I do not have "eye cancer" and that there is simply something WEIRD going on in my eye. My vision has not been affected and there is no Coconut in my eye. But seriously folks...don't you just want to laugh? I mean I do. And I have.

I in no way want to laugh at cancer and the destruction and turmoil it has caused and continues to create in millions of peoples' lives. But of course, if I were going to get cancer, it would be eye cancer. Not something "normal" or a type of cancer that you have thought about before. No. I have to be weird. I would be the unusual case of the guy with eye cancer.

I mean seriously. The "mass," malaria, allergic to coconut, hernia, bad knees, expert on crutches, experienced dialysis patient, exposed to TB...
I'm sure most of you don't even know what all of those refer to. Yet, that's part of my medical history. And possibly one more.

As I am sure He is doing for me, May the Lord continue to care for and heal your every disease. And may you continue to trust Him, ask Him, and believe Him for healing. I mean, He takes care of weird-O's like me!

2 comments:

amay said...

I am so glad that you posted something about this, I was getting concerned by following your tweets. Maybe I should have just called. Maybe I will.

Becca Jones said...

OMG! Jeffrey, every time I make a point to check up on you there is something weird, or wrong going on! But I know that God will help you through as he always does. If I had been through everything you have in the past year and a half I wouldn't be standing...Well maybe I would but only by the grace of God!