July 27, 2009

Beauty of Creation

Back on the weekend of July 4th, I had two days off. Two of my only days off all summer. So on Friday, July 3rd, I went hiking with Jesse, one of the college students in Emerge who is quickly becoming a good friend. The weather was perfect. Around 78-80 degrees, sunny, nice breeze, and clear skies. (not quite the average July day I'm used to, but there are no complaints here) We only hiked for around 3 or 4 hours, but it was great. Just Jesse and I, our Nalgene's, and the Red River Gorge. I've posted some of the photos I took below.

In addition to the view, I thoroughly enjoyed simply being outside; something I have not had the opportunity to do much of this summer. Jesse and I had some great conversation, took a few "adventurous detours," (and I didn't get injured for all of you who doubt my ability to stay safe) ate some great pizza, and were simply able to enjoy life. I look forward to future opportunities to explore Red River Gorge and possibly take some of the Emerge peeps on a camping trip in the fall.



Can you imagine living down there?


It's hard to tell, but the next two pics were taken when we climbed down in the crevice you see in the above picture.

Jesse



This was a fun climb

Praise Him for all that He has made. I've missed the water, the beach, and the south all summer long. Spending the day hiking with all of these views made me remember and think back to my summer working at Camp Rockmont and taking all of the boys camping up on the mountain. Still, this was truly a great day.

No comments: