April 8, 2009

Wilmore strikes back

When I was preparing to leave for work yesterday afternoon, I came to the startling realization that the T-bird had been violated. Someone broke into my car on Monday night and has provided some unnecessary drama for the week.

Some tools and my Maglite flashlight were stolen. The radio had been pulled out of the dash and was laying in pieces throughout the car. Stuff was strewn everywhere. The Wilmore Police Officer filing the report was quite the character. All I can say is, "only in Wilmore do the cops stop to spit their chewing tobacco."

I've tried to reassemble the radio to the best of my knowledge. So far, no success. I will be enjoying silent drives now, which may not be such a bad thing. And the most surprising news is that this has not been the worst part of the week.

As the "Chronicles of the T-bird" add more chapters, I'm becoming more and more unsettled in this place. May the Lord provide you and me Peace; Peace that surpasses and also encompasses understanding.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Yes Son I will pray for Gods peace to be upon you in your struggles whatever they may be. I wish I could help. Just know I am here always. I love and miss you greatly. Mama

Shae said...

Okay, so I'm a little late reading this. I've been sick for a few days. I have to tell you, Seth and I often try to figure out a way to buy, get, etc. you a new car, but you know, I'll kinda be sad to see the thing go. When it does the Chronicles will be over and we won't have anymore sad, funny, interesting stories of the car anymore. For all it's been through, it's not been a bad car. I'll pray for you and the t-bird.