March 6, 2009

Into the Sky

Seminary is great.
Seminary is difficult.
Seminary is a melting pot.
Seminary is the fusion of revelation.

Now that my health has returned, I have really been free to enjoy and absorb much more from daily life here at Asbury. Of course I learn from my professors' lectures. Several of them I could listen to daily. As part of the Healing Academy, I'm provided opportunities to discuss and learn numerous aspects of healing and healing prayer as well as the blessing of praying for and with people. Twice this semester I've been able to sit in on Levite Camp, a discussion of worship and worship planning. Chapel services every week provide so much sustenance for me to digest. My time spent with Jesus in AHOP (Asbury House of Prayer) often becomes the processing plant where the Lord ties all of these things together as He organizes my heart, giving me freedom to receive more, and peace to continue the adventure. Friday night dinners with my 'Not a Small Group' are incredible times of community and fellowship filled with encouragement and laughter, prayer and communion. Discussions over meals in the dining hall are always opportunities to share in the joys and struggles of life. Even listening to lectures and podcasts on my ipod while I'm at work fills my mind with insight and revelation.

And still, one of the primary places where my mind encounters expansion is in the reading of my texts. Unlike undergrad, I really enjoy most of the books that I have to read. Actually, I get quite frustrated at times when I simply do not have enough time to read all that I want to. I hate the feeling that sometimes comes over me when I'm simply reading to get an assignment completed and am too stressed to really interact with the text.

This reminds me of a Jason Upton song titled "Into the Sky." In it, he shares how his son asked him if his theology books will come alive and if Jesus will come down and play with him in the midst of those books. To get a better understanding of this, you can watch this video:



Thus, I'm asking that Jesus will come down and join me as I read all of these books:


May you and I both encounter and invite Jesus into all that we do. He brings life. He is life. And if we want to experience the fullness of life, His presence is essential.

(P.S. The book fund is empty!)

3 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

"From the mouths of babes."

Thanks for posting this.

April said...

love the picture of all your books...it's a lot to read, but a lot of knowledge to gain from the Lord. Glad you're doing well!
I am making decisions about next year...it's going to be interesting. Hope you're doing well, it looks like you are!
Blessings to you!!!

David said...

Mission of God is the bomb.com bro. Seriously top 5 on my list...and I've got a long list!