June 20, 2009

Irony

This has been a very full week for me. In addition to my 40 hours at the library, I have enjoyed quite a few "extras" this week.

First of all, I was blessed beyond belief by several friends. (see previous post)

In addition, this past Monday night was my first worship service at Emerge. We are studying the book of Philippians this summer. However, this past week we had a great time of worship and I shared a message with them about the joy of friendship with God (John 3: 27-30). I thoroughly enjoyed the night, and can only hope the same can be said by all of them. I must note that any transition can be difficult. This group of college and young adults has had to say good-bye to an incredible friend and minister and hope that whoever follows in his footsteps will be a great fit for them. While I empathize with them, I also must make mention of how loving, embracing, and supportive they have all been of me thus far. In time, I know that my giftings and strengths will find their place in and for this ministry. For now, I'm am simply finding enjoyment in meeting so many new friends and becoming a part of this community.

Furthermore, three friends from the Wesley Foundation at UGA in Athens were in town this week to take an intensive course at the seminary. It was so nice to seem familiar faces. On Wednesday night, I was honored to have the three of them, along with three friends from here in Wilmore, over for dinner and a great night of fellowship. Life shared together is life fully lived. Wednesday night was a great example of that. They have since left town. I look forward to seeing each of them again soon.

This weekend, I was able to hang out with some of the college students and young adults from Emerge for one of their birthday parties. Also, I've enjoyed the opportunity to sit down with the previous Young Adult Director before he leaves town to discuss the ministry and learn from his experience and share ideas with him. What a great value for me.

Also, when giving blood today at the public library, I was automatically entered into a drawing for a new car. The local blood bank gives away a car each summer. If I won a new car, I honestly don't know what I would do. I hope the person who needs it the most will be blessed to win it, whoever he/she is.

Tomorrow, I have my first "official" responsibility in the worship service at church. Tomorrow afternoon, I get to help some friends move into their new home. And tomorrow night I will attend my first "Man Night" with some of the guys from Emerge. Not sure what to expect from that, but I am excited nonetheless.

So, you may be wondering why I titled this post 'Irony'. Well, the irony is that this morning, as I was taking the dog out, I realized that my car had been broken into for the second time in the past few months. However, I feel sorry for the thief. He/she has chosen the wrong car to try and steal anything out of. After the last break in, there is nothing left in my car to steal. Must have been a disappointment for him/her. Thus, I've had a great week and the mystery thief must have been greatly disappointed.

May you each enjoy the many blessings permeating your lives. May your eyes be opened to see them and your heart open to receive them.

P.S. I had a long list of thoughts/concepts I wanted to blog about. However, that list has disappeared from my computer. Unless my memory upgrades to superhero status, those are messages left to be untold.

1 comment:

Shae said...

Without going into much detail, let me know what comes of the "new car drawing". Seth and I have been having a few thoughts on your car situation (still praying about the specifics), and may have something in the works to talk to you about. We love you greatly and really miss you more than we say.