May 18, 2009

Being blessed

I received this email over the weekend. The Lord uses the most creative means to bless us. I am so thankful and encouraged.

.................................................................................
Jeffrey -
Just thought I'd send a little shout-out your way. I've noticed this has been the case all semester, but especially in the last couple weeks, the questions that you have asked in class have been some of the best in my whole time here. You ask about things that deeply matter and in a way that is gentle but convicting. I have really appreciated the times you've shared. I don't know what your future plans are but I think asking these kinds of questions is going to make the difference. We certainly don't need more seminary graduates who can simply spew cognitive information, but friends who can connect to the power and grace of God and come alongside others to experience that. You are far more than you are learning and it seems (forgive me if I'm overstepping) you've allowed this seminary experience to be not just an education but a means of grace. That's rare, that's noticed, that's inspiring and it matters. Hope this encourages you in some way.
Blessings friend,
- *****
...................................................................................

May you be blessed in the fullness of His creativity. And may you find creative ways to bless others, even if it is just through an email.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can expect no less from The Willowtree....