December 10, 2008

good day / bad day

Are days really good or bad?

Qualifiers of a "good day" for me:
- warm weather
- a good deep conversation
- quality time spent with friends/family
- a Duke basketball win
- a Georgia football win
- an incredible meal
- new music
- a great book
- playing outside
- miracles
- etc...

"bad day":
- snow (or any form of freezing weather)
- isolation
- sickness
- Tennessee winning anything
- feeling misunderstood
- stress/worry
- coconut (in any form)
- etc...

These things really don't make a day "good" or "bad". The day in and of itself is just that, a day. It's the events within a day, and more particularly, our reaction to those events that permit us to call them good and bad days.

If this is true, than perhaps even a day full of "bad stuff" can still be turned into a great day.

Regardless of how you qualify your days, know this: Today was a GREAT day for me. Particularly for two reasons.
1. I completed my last paper for the semester, thus my first semester in seminary is COMPLETE.
2. And most importantly, my new nephew Lucas was born this morning and he and mom are both doing well. I hope to have pictures soon.

I can't wait to get home to see them, as well as all of my family.

May your days be filled with good things. And may you fill others' days with good things as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro -

You made it through your first semester, coconut fiasco and all! Congrats, man. Curious as to which seminary classes you enjoyed and which you could do without. Anything interest you more than the others?

Sam

karlee said...

good point on the good day/bad day.
i should think about that
congrats on your nephew!
see you really soon maybe