August 31, 2008

And so it begins

I have been thinking for quite a while about creating a blog. Not that I've ever anticipated that anyone would want to read what I have to share. I simply have thought about having my own blog to use as a canvas on which to display my thoughts, share my experiences, and open my heart in a new way.

Seeing as how I am beginning a new phase in my life I figured this would be just as good of a time as any to start my blog. I have now gotten settled in my dorm and am getting somewhat accustomed to Wilmore, KY. After two days of orientation, a commissioning service, a short hike at Shaker Village, an interesting experience at a Blue Grass Music Festival, and dining at some local establishments, I am actually starting to feel like I am living here and not simply visiting.

This upcoming week will be both exciting and nervous in many ways. So I say, let the adventure begin! Although I already have several topics to blog about, I will for now leave you with this introduction. Remember, I'm still getting my feet wet in this whole new world of blogging.

I will share one concern I have. Even though I believe this to be the easiest way to share with others what is going on in my life without bombarding mail boxes with mass emails, I am somewhat fearful that this will limit how often I hear from you what all is going on in your lives. So, PLEASE do not hesitate or forget to call me and share with me your lives.

Grace and Peace

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ima read your blog faithfully.
it came up on my status and i got real excited.i love reading my friends thoughts!!!-karlee

janice said...

love to hear from you- blog is a great idea...Love ya.
Aunt Janice

Anonymous said...

I'm reading.... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey You!! I love the blog idea!! Hope your "first day of school is going great"!! Love ya! Elizabeth

Shae said...

love the blog idea. Learned about it myself this past summer, just haven't taken the time to make one for myself and family. Hope class is going good and this whole experience at Asbury will be delightful for you. Still planning on coming to see you somehow sometime. Scope out local hotels and campgrounds for me. Love ya,
Shae

April said...

glad that you're blogging...it's a cool experience. how was your first day of classes today?!?! Hope things went well!!!!