October 6, 2010

life update

For many of you who are not aware of what has been happening in my life this year, I'm going to quickly fill you in. Partly I'm doing this because I'm ridiculous enough to think that some of you would like to know. Mostly, however, I'm doing this so that when I make references in some of my future posts (I promise I have a list of things I want to write about), you will know what I am referring to.

In short, I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma in late February of this year. The doctors can only assume that the trauma my kidneys endured when I contracted malaria back in 2006 plus having been on dialysis in the fall of 2008, after the "Death by Coconut" incident, weakened them enough for the cancer to form. I had not been feeling well for quite a while, and finally the doctors figured out what was going on after a lot of tests. The cancer was only in my right kidney and the prognosis was really, really good, all things considered. I was just barely into stage 2 (out of 4 stages) and luckily for me chemotherapy is not normally part of the treatment for this type of cancer.

After a few more tests, I started cycles of radiation treatments along with several other medicines in early March and eventually had to suspend my studies at Asbury. I also eventually quit both of my jobs, one due to the cancer and the other due to a multitude of reasons. After I made my way down to Georgia for a couple of weddings in June and suffered a few broken ribs from a freak accident with a Jeep and a large iron gate, I resumed treatments back in Lexington and as of Friday, September 3rd, I was declared to be cancer free. The treatments have worked and all looks well for my health.

Partly because I'm still processing a lot of things emotionally and spiritually and partly because there aren't enough words, I can't begin to explain to you all that was involved in this process for me. However, I consciously did not make my illness public knowledge for personal reasons that I believed would help me in my recovery. Looking back, I believe I made the right decision and I'm thankful for the Lord's faithfulness and His healing touch. Even though most of you had no idea what was happening in my life, I know that many of you were still praying for me as the Lord laid me on your hearts and I thank my God for you.

As I wrote above, there is just too much for me to try and explain everything in this one post. Thus, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or ask me in person. I'll be happy to share more or attempt to answer your questions. Most importantly, please just know that I am healthy once more, which is almost a foreign feeling for me in light of the past few years of my life. I am trying to make up my courses from the Spring semester in which I was graciously given incompletes until I had the strength and ability to focus on school work again. Thus, I am essentially taking 6 classes right now and frantically trying to maintain the integrity with which I do my work while also being realistic about my time constraints. I count the privilege of seminary to be such an honor and am determined to allow the Spirit to orchestrate as much formation within my heart as possible as I progress through this journey. I am not in Kentucky to simply get a Masters degree. I'm here to be shaped, formed, and molded and I do not want to pass that by. I now have two new jobs and the Lord is slowly taking care of my medical bills as He is graciously providing for all of my needs.

Again, I thank you for your prayers. I thank you for reading my meager thoughts. And as soon as I complete some of these assignments and return to some form of normalcy in my life, I will begin to blog about many of the topics that have been added to my list and have been ruminating in my heart lately.

He is faithful (regardless of my health).
He is loving (regardless of my emotions).
He is kind (regardless of my insecurities).
He is true (regardless of my doubts).

May you know Him to be all of these and more.

1 comment:

qifei2012 said...

Every woman loves to costume them selves, but they're generally afraid Components issues. I wouldn't find out what takes place if you are contemplating Chanel bags Louis Vuitton Pas Cher. In my opinion, every woman can be crazy in love with Chanel. But that Chanel could be the genuine beauty of the products and solutions may maximize charisma Sac Chanel Soldes. Chanel travelling bag can be done even if you put on a well used costume and you can be sure that you health supplement
Sac Chanel Pas Cher. If you dress in something which is rather however you like, after that be sure that your look might be ought to have this enhances and you search newer
Sac Chanel.
Sac Louis Vuitton